An Approach to Product Safety Culture is an industry focused course, considering organisational culture, leadership and behavioural concepts; inclusive of and generic to all BRCGS Global Standards, in addition to the global market for application to any manufacturing facility - regardless of business size or whether sites have a product scope of food or non-food related goods/ services.
By attending this 1-day course participants will gain the fundamental understanding of the importance of a positive product safety culture at a site and the important role played by senior management leadership, understand the impact of attitudes and behaviour on product safety culture and demonstrate preparatory steps in developing a Product Safety Culture Plan, including how to engage staff and encourage their involvement.
To complete the course, participants will need to submit a product safety plan as a workplace assignment, meeting the assessment criteria with 75% as a passing grade.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Describe the concept of Product Safety Culture and why a positive culture is important to ensuring product safety and integrity
- Identify what the standards require, and the function of Product Safety Culture Plan within a QMS
- Recognize the link between behaviour, Product Safety Culture and how it underpins product safety assurance
- Discuss how to measure an organisation's Product Safety Culture through the use of tools and techniques
- Develop a sustainable Product Safety Culture action plan and how to engage staff to support it